Thursday, April 19, 2012

Washington D.C. Cherry Blossom Parade

Kristina Janolo and I up bright and early ready for the parade!
 On April 12-15th, I had the opportunity to travel to Washington D.C. and be a part of the Cherry Blossom Parade. While in Washington D.C., my mom and I saw the Washington Monument and the White House. On Friday night I attended practice for the parade. I met the new Miss America 2012, Laura Kaeppeler and reconnected with some of my Teen State title holders! On Saturday at the crack of dawn I attended another practice before the parade with the Miss & Teen State title holders, Miss America, and Miss America's Outstanding Teen. The parade started at 10 and we performed twice during the parade route. Laura Kaeppeler sang God bless America while Elizabeth Fechtel danced and the remaining title holders held American flags. I felt privileged to be a part of such a remarkable parade and had an unforgettable experience!
The White House!

(Left to right)  Miss District of Columbia Outstanding Teen, Miss America Outstanding Teen, Miss Vermont Outstanding Teen, and Miss New Hampshire Outstanding Teen

Miss America 2012- Laura Kaeppeler

Reunited! Miss District of Columbia's Outstanding Teen

Big sis! Kristina Janolo- Miss Florida 2011

Practice for the Cherry Blossom Parade!

Floridians in 40 degree weather! Oh no!!

Starbucks before the Cherry Blossom Parade with some Miss's and Teens. Special thank you to Miss West Virgina's Outstanding Teen's father for providing each of the girls with a Starbucks breakfast!

Kristina and I love our coffee! Especially after waking up at 4:30 in the morning.

Starbucks with Miss West Virgina's Outstanding Teen and DC Outstanding Teen!


The Cherry Blossom Parade

West Virgina's Outstanding Teen

Waving to crowd!

The State Miss's and Teens who went with me in the Cherry Blossom Parade


I'm so blessed to have such a remarkable role model as my big sis! Miss Florida 2011

Dinner with Miss America's Outstanding Teen- Elizabeth Fechtel!

No comments:

Post a Comment